As an electrical engineering technician you would install, maintain and repair electrical equipment and controls.
Ability in maths, science and IT, excellent problem-solving skills, excellent practical skills, the ability to communicate with staff at all levels, the ability to read engineering drawings and diagrams
£19,000 to £24,000 per year
- Total employment in the automotive sector accounts for just over 2% of employment in the UK
- There are around 585,000 people employed in the sector
- There is between 68,000 and 75,000 organisations in the sector
- Approximately 80% of the sector employees are male
- There are over 1,000 courses in vehicle maintenance/repair/servicing