Mobile service technicians service and repair cars, vans, and larger vehicles such as lorries and coaches. They work from a mobile unit and travel to the customer in order to carry out the work. They are trained in all areas of vehicle mechanics and electronics, from engine and exhaust systems to air conditioning and security features.
Trained in vehicle maintenance and repair, excellent practical skills, the ability to work quickly with attention to detail, the ability to work without supervision, good communication skills, a reasonable level of fitness
£13,000 to £22,000 per year
- Total employment in the automotive sector accounts for just over 2% of employment in the UK
- There are around 585,000 people employed in the sector
- There is between 68,000 and 75,000 organisations in the sector
- Approximately 80% of the sector employees are male
- There are over 1,000 courses in vehicle maintenance/repair/servicing