Restoration technicians specialise in restoring badly damaged vehicles to a well presented and usable state. Some technicians may specialise in restoring vintage vehicles.
Trained in body and paint operations in refinishing at level 2, able to work alone and as part of a team, able to maintain quality under pressure, an awareness of safety procedures, an ability to follow written and verbal instructions, a good eye for detail and colour
£19,000 to £30,000 per year
- Total employment in the automotive sector accounts for just over 2% of employment in the UK
- There are around 585,000 people employed in the sector
- There is between 68,000 and 75,000 organisations in the sector
- Approximately 80% of the sector employees are male
- There are over 1,000 courses in vehicle maintenance/repair/servicing