A Windscreen Technician repairs or replaces car windscreens. This role can be in the repair centre or as a mobile operative visiting clients at home or work.
There are no formal qualifications for this post as full training is provided to the right candidates. Skills: good communication skills; good numeracy and literacy skills; attention to detail; good manual skills; willingness to learn.
£18,000 to £22,000 per year
- Total employment in the automotive sector accounts for just over 2% of employment in the UK
- There are around 585,000 people employed in the sector
- There is between 68,000 and 75,000 organisations in the sector
- Approximately 80% of the sector employees are male
- There are over 1,000 courses in vehicle maintenance/repair/servicing