A Construction Apprentice in the Timber industry learns the basic technical skills and processes relating to the production of high quality timber for the construction industry.
Although there are no formal qualifications for this role basic GCSEs in English, Maths and ideally a technical subject will be helpful. This role is usually attained via an apprenticeship. Skills: basic technical skills; good team-working skills; basic IT skills; good communication skills; a keen desire to learn and develop;
£14,000 to £19,000 per year
- Total employment in the construction sector accounts for over 7% of employment in the UK
- There are over 2 million people employed in the sector
- There are 201,100 enterprises generating £152 billion of turnover in the construction sector
- Approximately 80% of the sector employees are male
- There is a need for the sector to recruit 88,000 people each year for the next 5 years