A Management Trainee for a large construction company can expect to train to manage all elements of a particular project. This can mean working in an office, warehouse, sales division, yard and even off-site. The training will encompasss all key areas of the business and its functions.
This role is generally available to those with basic school leaver qualifications as the training is provided inhouse. Skills: good communication and people management; skills; good organisational skills; team-working; good customer service skills; capacity to work to deadlines.
£18,000 to £24,000 per year
- Total employment in the construction sector accounts for over 7% of employment in the UK
- There are over 2 million people employed in the sector
- There are 201,100 enterprises generating £152 billion of turnover in the construction sector
- Approximately 80% of the sector employees are male
- There is a need for the sector to recruit 88,000 people each year for the next 5 years