An Electrical Craftsman at a nuclear power station works as part of a team that repairs and maintains all the electrical systems that operate to ensure the plant's efficient functionality.
This role is usually available to those who have completed an apprenticeship in electrical engineering. Further training up to HNC level is provided inhouse. Skills: good communication skills; good technical skills; team-working; excellent analytical and diagnostic skills; proven electronics knowledge.
£22,000 to £30,000 per year
- 90% of the sector workforce is full-time
- Employment in the engineering sector is around 1.4 million
- Most engineering companies in Britain are very small, employing fewer than 50 people
- Engineers work across most of the major sectors of the economy
- An estimated 230,000 additional jobs will be required in the next 4 years in the sector