A Technical Engineer for a large utilities firm carries out repairs and servicing on gas equipment in a domestic setting. This role is a mobile position attending to gas-related technical issues in a variety of locations.
This position is usually achieved via an apprenticeship leading to an NVQ qualification. Skills: full driving license; good communication skills; good technical ability; customer service skills; capacity to work unsupervised.
£24,000 to £36,000 per year
- 90% of the sector workforce is full-time
- Employment in the engineering sector is around 1.4 million
- Most engineering companies in Britain are very small, employing fewer than 50 people
- Engineers work across most of the major sectors of the economy
- An estimated 230,000 additional jobs will be required in the next 4 years in the sector