Practice nurses assess, screen, treat and educate all sections of the community, from babies to older people. They work within GP practices to help doctors give nursing and medical care.
A basic understanding of child protection and public health issues, an understanding of infection control procedures, excellent communication and listening skills, the ability to inspire confidence and trust, the ability to work with people of all ages and backgrounds.
£26,000 to £34,000 per year
- Over 6 million people work in the UK's public sector
- The public sector includes the police, teachers, doctors, the army and civil servants
- Public transport, the Ministry of Defence and local and central government are all part of the public sector
- The NHS is the largest employer in the UK with over 1.3 million employees
- The Ministry of Defence is the UK's second largest employer with over 400,000 employees