As Programme Manager for a large scientific organisation is involved in managing the scientific input to the organisation. The role would include liaising with members,other scientists and stakeholders to ensure the process of developing strategy is efficient and effective.
This position is usually acquired following on from an established scientifically-based career background. Invariably this would apply to someone educated to graduate level or above. Skills: excellent communication skills; team-working; excellent scientific knowledge; excellent people-management skills; excellent organisational skills.
£24,000 to £35,000 per year
- The UK is Europe’s top location for investment in pharmaceutical and biotechnology research and development
- 29% of companies in the science sector report skills gaps in the current workforce
- The science sector has a large demand for highly-skilled technicians and graduates
- The science sector is growing and has a high level of recruitment activity
- 82% of companies in the sector support their staff with continuous professional development